ISP to ICP bridge

Fragen und Diskussionen zur Entwicklung von neuen Geräten. Sowohl Hardware als auch Software. English is welcome.
Jamy

ISP to ICP bridge

Beitrag von Jamy »

! Nachricht von: Doumanix
Ich habe alle Beiträge zum Thema "ISP to ICP bridge" aus dem Thread P89LPC922FD nicht mehr lieferbar hier hin in das Forum Geräte-Entwicklung verschoben
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the reply in english, but unfortunately I don't speak German. I used Google to help me to understand all from Selfbus.
Like probably everyone in this forum, I bought some LPC922 in China via aliexpress.
I also constated that the bootloader whas not in the LPC.

So I looked for a solution to flash the code in parallel via ICP bridge.
After many time of research on the internet, I found a board that using another LPC932 to make the bridge between the ISP and ICP mode.
I modified the board and the code to use another LPC922 to do the job.
In attachment I join the Eagle schematic of the board called USB-ICP-Programmer and the hex file.
The code come from the Flash Magic website the only change I made to it is the library for the LPC922 and the pins used on the board.

I use FlashMagic with the option NXP ICP bridge to flash some new LPC shipped from China.
For me it work perfectly ....

If you have any questions, I would be happy to help you as you did with the SelfBus project ...

Thank you to all of you.

Seb
Dateianhänge
ISP to ICP bridge v16.zip
(87.3 KiB) 318-mal heruntergeladen
USB_programmer.zip
USB-ICP-Programmer board
(87.19 KiB) 308-mal heruntergeladen
Doumanix

Re: P89LPC922FD nicht mehr lieferbar

Beitrag von Doumanix »

Hi Seb,

wow, nice job! Thanks for that contribution!
That programmer could help all the guys who still have many LPC922 stored which were useless until now.

Did I get it right, that you have to flash a SMD LPC922 with "ISP_to_ICP_bridge.hex", then build up the programmer and then the programmer can be used to flash the target LPC922 (DIL)?

If that's correct, one of my first questions would be: wouldn't it be easy to expand the functionality so that a SMD LPC922 could be programmed, too?
'cause when I ordered SMD LPC922s, these were ones which had to be "bootloadered" by Tontechniker...

Best
Christian
Jamy

Beitrag von Jamy »

Hi Christian,

Yes, you need a first SMD LPC922 (with his bootloader of course) and flash it with the "ISP_to_ICP_bridge.hex" file. The firs LPC will act like a gateway, and convert the ISP protocol to ICP.
The reset button is used to force the target LPC into ICP mode (the Program LED will blink once very quickly).
After that, you must be able to use every functionality of FlashMagic.

You are right, the programmer is designed to flash DIL socket, but we have some other way to flash SMD LPC
First one is to use a TSOP to DIL board :
Bild
DIL to TSSOP
If you do attention to the ICP programmer board I have add 2 jumpers to the left and right of the DIL socket. You can insert this board with a SMD LPC soldered on it to flash the LPC...
Be Careful !!! I have not yet check the spacing between the two jumper so that the board can be inserted on in !!!

Second way is to use a TSSOP socket like this :
Bild
Soket TSSOP

For me this solution is probably the better one, but I don't yet ordered this converter ...

I also designed (redesign of the Taster Einbaumodul) a taster board niko 45*45 module, with 2 jumper of 4 pins on wich all IO from the LPC whas mapped (also reset, TXD and RXD). I used this board, without any other component soldered on it, to flash my SMD LPC via the jumper on the right of the ICP programmer.
I will do a other post with my Niko 45*45 taster board later !!!

@+

Seb
Doumanix

Beitrag von Doumanix »

Hey Seb,

I built up an interface but I did not get it up and running.
I tried with 2 different LPC922 which I previously flashed and then soldered on the PCB. But the LED is never blinking when I press the button.

Are you sure you uploaded the correct hex-File?

Best regards,
Christian
Jamy

Beitrag von Jamy »

Hi Christian,

Sorry to answer you so late, but I had some family problem and I had to put my project for a short time aside.

In attachment the hex file that I use in my test board.
The status led will blink very shortly.

You must configure FlashMagic in "NXP ICP Bridge".

For me I just need to push the reset button and test if the LPC922 are alive by reading the device signature (ISP -> Read Device Signature). If the device signature correspond to the LPC922 i flash it with the bootloader code ...

If I can help you more, now I am listening ! :lol:
Dateianhänge
ISP_to_ICP_bridge.zip
(2.98 KiB) 266-mal heruntergeladen
kociejsko

Beitrag von kociejsko »

Hi.
I am new here and I have also china LPC922 problem.
Status : 10 Binary inputs / 5 Smoke detector / 10 Universal controller.
20x LPC922 DIL NXP and 20x LPC922 SMD
No communication over ISP.
I took from my friend one PHILIPS LPC922 in DIL and it works from the beginning perfectly ( ISP and flash magic )
I have flashed ISP_to_ICP_bridge.hex on this working one and I have build NXP ICP bridge.
But it doesn't work ... LED doesn't flash at all. It is constantly ON.
Signature readout without success. only FF FF FF.
Is there any new info about this ISP_to_ICP_bridge.hex file ? is it correct ? It seems that P3.0 XTAL2 doesn't drive power supply for target microcontroller.
kociejsko

Beitrag von kociejsko »

I found a small hardware bug and now this programmer is working with my DIP processors.
Is it not possible to burn ISP bootloader because I am not able to erase the bootloader area or burn something in this area.
But hex file for kombi sensor finally is burned.

TSOOP processors are dead completly and ICP doesn't work.

Additional I noticed that DIP proessor are mixed ... some with PHILIPS logo and some NXP.
The same with TSOOP seems that there are different processors inside the same SMD strip.

I am also trying to load any hex file from this Location hex and flash magic is saying "The hex file is invalid".

Have someone any ideas ? Especially with loading hex file which is invalid ?

Regards
Rafal
Tontechniker

Beitrag von Tontechniker »

Hallo Rafal,
do you download the HEX-File correct?
When you click "left" on your link "Location hex" to the needed hex file (i.e., in8_4wz_y2-3.11.hex) then the hex-listing is opened. At the next you must click with the mouse "right" on the field "Raw". Then click on "save to destination.." (in german Windows: "Ziel speichern unter...")and save this Hex-File.
Hans
kociejsko

Beitrag von kociejsko »

Thanks for info.
Inside hex file was all HTML code :)
I cloned GIT repository and now hex files are correct.

Finally what I observed in my china microcontrollers is that ISP doesn't work completly.
ICP working on some DIL processors ( SMD are completly dead ISP and ICP doesn't work )
In DIL microcontrollers, with working ICP, some have set security bits and it is not possible to erase these sectors.
2 pcs from 10 seems to work normally with ICP.

I have access to BeeProg2 but I need to wait until Corona problem will end. I will try to erase all security bits and flash new bootloader. I let to know how things move forward.

Regerds
Dateianhänge
myCollection.jpg
myCollection.jpg (116.79 KiB) 5367 mal betrachtet
Doumanix

Re: ISP to ICP bridge

Beitrag von Doumanix »

Hi Rafal,

you talked about a hardware bug you found ... is that a mistake which *you* made or is it an error in Seb's files?

Can you share what you changed so that it worked? Did I understand you correctly, that your ISP ti ICP bridge now works (at least for all ICs without lock bit).

Best,
Christian
Antworten