replacement for freebus "Tasterschnittstelle", how to start with selfbus

Allgemeine Themen die in keines der anderen Foren passen. English is welcome.

Moderator: Foren-Moderatoren

Antworten
laurentmartin

replacement for freebus "Tasterschnittstelle", how to start with selfbus

Beitrag von laurentmartin »

Hi,

I have a KNX system at home, and, in 2014 I used freebus.org's "Tasterschnittstelle" 8-ways.

It works well, I am happy with it (I built 8 of them).
It was relatively cheap and easy to build (all SMD already in place, only few discrete components to solder).

It seems that freebus.org is somehow dead, so I would like to build similar adapaters.

I see that two are proposed: LPC and ARM based.

What would be a good entry point to build one of those. is there a possibility to order PCB pre-built ?

Danke !
Laurent
Florian

Re: replacement for freebus "Tasterschnittstelle", how to start with selfbus

Beitrag von Florian »

As far as I know there are no pre-populated boards. So you can only solder them yourself.

The problem with the LPC based interfaces is: This part is discontinued. If you are lucky, you can find a supplier which has still has some in stock. The ARM interface replaces the LPC based one.
laurentmartin

Beitrag von laurentmartin »

Hi,

Ok, lets go for the ARM version, now I have a rework station, it should be easier for SMDs.

1- I dont find easily the ARM Version of the controller board on the wiki, can you tell me where I can find the documentation ? (schematics, etc..)
2- Do you have a recommendation for ordering boards online ? A friend told me OSH Park.
3- Since I still want to do the 8 or 16 dry contact input, I looked at available boards, and the 8-way input should do it, probably I just need to make a direct connection of contacts to uC inputs. (Like it was on the freebus 8-way input).
4- any recommendation for ordering the DIN Rail case and components ?

Danke !
Laurent
Hendrik

Beitrag von Hendrik »

Hi Laurent,

I guess you are looking for this page:
http://selfbus.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/vi ... smodul_ARM

If you want to have boards made, OSH Park is probably okay, but there are many other options. Depending on where you are located and how many boards you need, you might want to contact Andreas Krieger (oldcoolman). He sells the PCBs (TS-ARM 3.07). There is a 8in and 16in firmware for that board.

What do you need the DIN rail case for? There are some links on this page:
http://selfbus.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/vi ... erbauteile

Cheers,

Hendrik
Doumanix

Beitrag von Doumanix »

Hi Laurent,

Hendriks Links answered many questions but let me add some more information:
  1. Controller board ARM version: there is a good module which can be placed in-wall, there is a new ARM version of the 4TE controller board and on Git you can find an 8out actuator 16A which works with that ARM controller board.
  2. Boards may be ordered by oldcoolman. His shop can be used to search and note available PCBs, parts, etc. but at the moment the final step to place order is not possible because the shop provider shut down the free webshop offer. I work on a newly built up selfbus shop with Andreas. Of course you could give elecrow a chance but that makes only sense if you need many pieces and you really know what you are doing. ;)
  3. sounds like that in-wall module. Uwe set up a variety of flashable configurations in the 16inBim112 project which he recently discussed here.
  4. Look at Hendriks link ... Reichelt's DIN boxes are by far the cheapest. I ordered these ones for 8out actuators - they fit perfectly.
Best
Christian
Antworten