Verhalten bei Watchdog / Busspannungswiederkehr

Fragen und Diskussionen zur Entwicklung von neuen Geräten. Sowohl Hardware als auch Software. English is welcome.
Antworten
StefanT

Verhalten bei Watchdog / Busspannungswiederkehr

Beitrag von StefanT »

Wenn der Watchdog den 8in zurücksetzt dann hat er die Zustände seiner Objekte vergessen.

Die ursprüngliche Idee von Erik, der das Problem aufbrachte, war dass der 8in bei Start am Bus nach dem Zustand seiner Com Objekte fragt. Die Diskussion ging dann etwas weiter ob er sich den Zustand der Com Objekte im EEPROM merken soll.

Ausschnitt aus einer IRC Diskussion auf #selfbus:
<erik_dc> we need to make the difference if the reset was done by the watchdog or not
<StefanT> in fact the status of the communication objects, but that's a nuance
<erik_dc> if not, the status will probably not be correct
<StefanT> not really, bus power lost is the same, in my opinion ... hmm ... or not?
<erik_dc> nope, I programed my lights to stay off when power comes back in my home, but downstairs in the restaurant I have the lights programmed to come back on after power failure
<StefanT> the LPC has brown out detection. We would need to remember that it was power off.
<StefanT> ok
<erik_dc> well, maybe, if the lights are programmed to come back after power failure, maybe they DO send a status feedback?
<StefanT> hmm, yes, that's a possibility. But I am not sure if the out8 does this at the moment.
<erik_dc> simple test, probably not always the same in which case we take the freebus as default
<erik_dc> just a thought
<StefanT> your thoughts are very welcome.
<erik_dc> but I'm far from a programmer or someone with knowhow. Just logics
<StefanT> If you agree I will post a copy of our discussion now in our forum, so that others can join
<erik_dc> oh please do
<erik_dc> even without crashes, should be a good thing to have implemented...
<StefanT> yes, would be nice
<erik_dc> for example I work with the logic building block and it suffers from this problem after reset
StefanT

Re: Verhalten bei Watchdog / Busspannungswiederkehr

Beitrag von StefanT »

oldcoolman hat geschrieben: Bei Watchdog Reset ist im LPC das wdbuf Flag gesetzt.
Damit können wir erkennen ob es ein Spannungsabfall oder der Watchdog war.
Antworten